The One World Flag is an international symbol of diversity, tolerance, uniqueness, self-esteem, and cooperation which has been endorsed by a growing number of individuals, groups, educational, spiritual and diplomatic leaders for its mission statement, purpose, and wide-sweeping inspirational effect.
Where students on their way home from school have always been able to identify “safe” houses in the neighborhood by a certain symbol placed in a front window, the One World Flag is quickly becoming a soothing reminder to others, stating– “Diversity, Uniqueness, Tolerance, and Cooperation spoken here.”
The flag honors the artistic and spiritual paths of each individual (the micro), and at the same time, inspires us to “Think Bigger!” (the macro). It is supportive of those who pursue whole systems living, betterment, empowerment, growth, tolerance, potential, expression and creativity, spirit, etc…. and consciously aims to side-step the fear-based aspects of political, religious, economic, or other limiting beliefs/dogma/agendas.
“While the steps of our individual paths may be different, our destination will ultimately be the same.”
We hope that whatever you are about, that you will resonate and identify with this symbol and these concepts that honor the expressions of all; and that you will spend some time visiting and re-visiting this site, learning more about work being done in the name of the flag… and sharing a bit of yourself.
Representing sky above and earth below, the circular icon grabs the eye and pulls our attention to center. Like the familiar “yin-yang” symbol and other mandalas, it encompasses all, with everything in balance. Placed within a framework of colors representing the four directions– as generally agreed upon by Native Americans and many of the world’s indigenous peoples– we are called to continually think and act from a larger perspective. And with the overlapping of these stripes, we are inspired to move forward– into a future we have always imagined was possible.
the One World Flag calls us to focus on the larger picture–
that we have more in common as a world than we have differences between nations.
Within this context, we may then place the utmost value
on the unique qualities of each individual and group.
Because the time is now…
For a world without borders;
For heartfelt communication between people of all nations,
without the barriers of language;
For solutions that encompass everyone;
and For a paradigm shift in the minds of us all,
who declare that what has been, serves no more.
The time is now…
for tearing down the walls,
opening our hearts,
It is the goal of the One World Flag:
- to actually be flown;
- to come to be recognized worldwide as a symbol of diversity, tolerance, unity and good work;
- to stay vital, evolve with the times, strive to speak to the highest in each of us;
- to contribute to the paradigm shift in thinking that is taking shape all around, and inside of, us– working from the inside out!;
- to introduce conversations and implement technologies to improve our ability to communicate, connect, create, expand our comfort zones, change and evolve;
- to maintain focused attention on that which is of the highest priority– the empowerment of every individual to attain their essence;
- to educate students via the One World Kids programs, and other ventures involved in taking consciousness, critical thinking, discernment, honoring and quality of life to the next level;
- to continue to “Think Bigger!” and “Spread the World”.
Sometimes special words of encouragement and support come down the line that make it all worthwhile. Sadly, a good deal of this response comes in the wake of tragedies on the world stage. Gladly, the spirits of those who get it are fortified out of such challenges and reminders that such greater visions are still sorely needed.
Please feel free to download/post/share any of the following images/banners, flyers, etc.